Photographer and Social Media Specialist
Ridgefield Academy/Landmark Preschool seeks a Photographer and Social Media Specialist effective August 28, 2017. The Photographer and Social Media Specialist is a member of the marketing and communications team and reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications. The ideal candidate will have 1 – 3 years of experience and be adept at using media including photography, video and social.
This ten- month, academic year position will aid in the coordination of both internal and external communications of the school, with an emphasis on visual communications. He or she will produce dynamic video content for the School’s website and social media channels and photography for print and online materials. The Photographer and Social Media Specialist will assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in building brand awareness.
- Create video content for the website and social media channels that is dynamic and engaging
- Attend school events and assemblies and serve as the school photographer and/or videographer
- Coordinate and execute the photographic needs of the Academy, including major events, sporting events, arts, academics, community life and other areas to support signature programs, marketing and general marketing efforts
- Assist with content creation, including writing, photography, video, and graphics
- Manage, maintain, and update content on the website including calendar events, news items, photo galleries, and videos to ensure all areas are up-to-date
- Support the communications needs of the Development Office and Parents’ Association
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications to curate content for all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Maintain the photography database
- Ensure all graphic products meet the branding guidelines and style of the Academy
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director
- Strong portfolio showcasing both video and photography skills, including editing
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud products. Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign and/or Illustrator is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, high energy and creative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create content as well as identify and generate creative ideas
- Organized, ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and work independently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to collaborate widely with the Marketing & Communications Team and various constituencies throughout the School’s community
- Familiar with social media strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a creative or communications field
- Communications experience in an educational setting is a plus
- This position requires some evening and weekend hours
Academic Technology Coordinator
Ridgefield Academy/Landmark Preschool (Ridgefield, CT) has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, energetic, and enthusiastic educational technologist.
Responsibilities will include teaching technology-oriented classes in grades 4-8 that build on the curriculum of other classes and also liaising with K-8 teachers across disciplines to create student-centered interdisciplinary learning experiences for students. The Academic Technology Coordinator will also manage our state of the art digital media facilities, which include a computer lab, a green screen room, and a sound studio, as well as a secondary computer lab.
A successful candidate will:
- inspire teachers and students with a passion for creating with technology in the classroom
- have experience with a wide range of technologies, comfortable with everything from a camera to a soldering iron
- help teachers integrate technology into their classes, teaching necessary skills and also helping facilitate/co-teaching classes in other disciplines
- be a resource for students as they work on independent or group work
- proactively seek out opportunities to make our digital media facilities a hub of interdisciplinary learning
- be eager to showcase student work both in school and at outside of it
- develop and lead upper school elective courses and lower/middle school after school enrichment clubs
- want to be a part of the school community beyond assigned classes and school day responsibilities
- have both a good sense of humor and patience when working with others
Experience teaching technology to middle school-aged students is strongly preferred, as is a demonstrable history of collaborative work with teachers of all disciplines.
The Academic Technology Coordinator reports to the Director of the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning, but also has divisional responsibilities to the Head of Preschool and Lower School and the Head of Middle and Upper Schools.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Basil Kolani, Director of the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool Teacher - 2-1/2 Month Leave Assignment - Fall 2017
Ridgefield Academy/Landmark Preschool has an opportunity for a preschool teacher at its Westport Campus to cover a leave of absence from mid-September through early December 2017. This is a five day assignment with the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Successful candidates must possess a strong love for children and a willingness to work as part of a team to create positive learning communities within their classrooms that acknowledge and respect children’s social and emotional interactions and growth. Early childhood teaching experience is required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: Carol Forth, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
Daily Substitute Teaching Assignments
Landmark Preschool and Ridgefield Academy are currently seeking substitute teachers for Preschool (Redding, Ridgefield, and Westport Campuses) through 8th Grade (Ridgefield Campus only).
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with a cover letter and salary requirements, to: Carol Forth, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Ridgefield Academy, Inc. Ridgefield Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.