David Schwartz reflects on his years at Ridgefield Academy and how they prepared him for the road ahead.
K - 8 By Design
"Ridgefield Academy prepared me very well for high school at Greens Farms Academy - both in the classroom and on the field. I was able to take the advanced math class Algebra 2 as a freshman as well as Biology Honors. Señora Brooks prepared me very well for conversational Spanish that allowed me to fit right in with my Honors Spanish class."
- We understand that the foundation for life-long learning is established during the elementary and middle school years.
- RA students benefit greatly from the opportunity they & their parents have to choose the right high school at the right time.
- Children often need a change.
- K - 8 at RA allows for early and genuine leadership experiences and opportunities.
- The K - 8 environment allows students to experience age-appropriate activities and events in a safe environment, without the influence and distractions of high school.
- Your child will be known, valued, and given every opportunity to grow in a myriad of ways as he or she prepares for secondary school and life beyond our campus.
During these early years, your child's academic strengths, interests, and learning styles become better defined. Therefore, we devote all our resources to serving children during this crucial period, an approach we believe better prepares them for their high school years. By the time your child is in Grade 8, the best match for high school is easier to determine in partnership with teachers and a placement director who have worked in collaboration with your family during formative years.
RA graduates are vigorously pursued by high schools because they are well-prepared, self-assured, self-confident, and well-rounded students, often becoming leaders in high school and beyond because of the foundations that were laid in their early years. Over 90% of RA graduates attend their first or second choice of high schools.
According to statistics, few students begin in kindergarten and graduate as seniors from the same school. Because Ridgefield Academy ends in grade 8, our students leave together and move on to the secondary schools of their choice, eager for new experiences and possibilities. Our students are a great support to one another during this process of change and growth.
RA graduates enter their high school years as confident, self-assured, community-minded individuals empowered to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
RA students are encouraged to find their true voice, empowered to advocate for themselves, and motivated to engage in the culture of their school and their community.
Ridgefield Academy has long since understood the intrinsic value of strong communication skills and confident public speaking.