In honor of the school’s founding Chairman, Howard Turner, Ridgefield Academy (RA) established the Turner Scholarship. Ridgefield Academy was founded on the idea that students should develop not only their intellect, but their character, as well; the Turner Scholarship reflects Mr. Turner’s decades of service to Ridgefield Academy children, committing his efforts to academic innovation and inspiration, personal growth and development.
The Ridgefield Academy Turner Scholarship program is a merit-based scholarship awarded annually to a limited number of qualifying new students entering Grade 6 in the fall of 2020. Each $10,000 award is intended for new students seeking academic challenge and a wide range of opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
Candidates for the Ridgefield Academy Turner Scholarship are dedicated students who demonstrate academic achievement, currently participate in activities outside of the classroom and show evidence of good character and citizenship. A candidate should also demonstrate potential to contribute to Ridgefield Academy’s artistic, athletic and service learning programs.
- Q. Who is eligible for the Ridgefield Academy Turner Scholarship?
- Q. What is the scholarship award amount and is it renewable?
- Q. How will I know if I have been selected to receive an award?
- Q. What is the scholarship application deadline?
- Q. If I am selected to receive a Turner Scholarship, can I also apply for need-based financial aid?
- Q. Is there a residency requirement for the Turner Scholarship?
- Q. How do I learn more about Ridgefield Academy and/or the Turner Scholarship?
- Submit an application to RA and complete the admissions process and let us know you are applying for the Turner Scholarship.
- Meet with a member of the merit selection committee during your on-campus visit.
- Have a parent submit a written piece of approximately 250 words addressing the following topic: At Ridgefield Academy, we understand that teaching and learning can come in many forms for young people; how in your family is the lesson of service to others shared?
Applications for the Turner Scholarship are considered complete when all items for the RA application for admission and the Turner Scholarship Program are received. To receive these materials, or learn more about this opportunity, simply complete the form below or contact Director of Enrollment, Dave Suter at 203.894.1800 x112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.